- They are the first followers of Buddha, and in the dances they often play the role of comedians.
- - brown, dark red, blue, green or black complexion with round or oval face
- - hair in a knot above the parting, just as the Indian ascetics wear their hair
- - sometimes with a turban on their head as a characteristics of their Indian origin
- - often horizontal wrinkles on the forehead and big nose, with slanting wrinkles on their cheeks
- - mouth which is opened or closed, with moustache or goatee
- - various costumes, brown-red dress with golden embroidery and blue braiding, blue decoration on the sleeves, two wide multi-coloured sashes over chest and back
- - gaiters with tiger pattern, as in the style of the Brahmans
- In the one hand they often carry a small pagoda, and in the other one a bowl.
- Monotonous, figures are formed completely improvisedly.